DHMC Update – January 2017
I know things have been a bit quiet around here as of late, but rest assured that we are working hard on the new version of the game that is a total rebuild from the ground up.
These past few weeks we have been working on several aspects on the new version with the goal of bringing it to open Beta by March to coincide with us packing things up and showing the game off at PAX East in Boston the weekend of March 11th 2017.
Things we want in place before then that we are working on:
– UI overhaul to make things more user friendly and visually updated. At minimum for Beta we want to implement our new design for the Hangar to make things easier to customize mechs.
– First time user experience improvements including a new pilot training program (tutorial)
– Optimizations! Right now our FPS for the internal version is not where it needs to be for players to host multiplayer games, but we are working on this.
– AI improvements, having bots to play with and against are an important part of what we do! AI won’t be perfect in the initial Beta release, but we want them to work as well as possible in the time frame.
– For Beta we want to have a hand full of single player missions available plus a front line skirmish mode multiplayer mission.
If you have not been following us over the past several months then you might not know what we have been up to. We have taken the past year or so and have worked on rebuilding the game form the ground up in an update game engine (The live game uses the old Torque 3D engine…). We have all of the ground work in place to start polishing things off and adding fun game play elements. With the new version you can expect vastly improved visuals including revamped weapon models, new Mech shaders, effects, environments and much more. We also hope to build out a much deeper game play experience as this year goes on.
As always, thank you for your support!
Comments are closed.